At the beginning of a new year and like every other year you hear people going on about resolutions. Things they want to lose or swear off or end. Resolutions that are mostly broken before 1/12 of the year has ended. That minus from you life. Mostly dead on contact resolutions or resolutions you dabbled with just enough to get your fingers dirty and decide you weren’t going to go there because it was too much work to subtract something out of your life. So, you give up.
You are not good at subtraction. What about addition? The other flip side of the coin. The one everyone wants. Addition of stuff, people, money, relationships, more stuff. Good stuff. Positive stuff. We are a world of accumulating stuff.
It’s called MANIFESTATION. It’s not always a good thing even when we think it is. Sometimes it will just leave you with a lot more crap you will have to make a resolution for next year to get rid of. All that stuff you tore out of magazines and glued to your vision board.
I am not a fan of vision boards. I abhor the wasting of time going thru magazines looking for pictures and words. It’s like a group gossip session with ripping sounds, then the slathering of glue on construction paper or cardboard that you are suppose to hang somewhere so it stares you in the face daily. This with praying, chanting or putting your desires out to the Universe that you deserve all the stuff in the pictures, then wondering why nothing is happening.
Let us step back away from this a minute and take a look at the word MANIFEST. It comes from the Latin word manufestus. From manus (“hand”) + festus the participle of fendere (“strike”).
The dictionary meaning (Websters 1851) is: the act of disclosing what is secret, unseen or obscure. Discovery in the eye or understanding. The exhibition of anything by clear evidence or display. Made clear, evident, obvious or apparent.
Hmmm…so literally, this word MANIFEST can be interpreted as you wanting to see or understand the obvious, but it may require being struck upside your head by someone’s hand.
Here is that clear enough for you?
Sometimes it takes something big for a person to get the idea. Let’s take a look at an ancient story from the Bible. No one can just see God. God has to manifest to be seen. The act of disclosing the unseen. Discovery in the eye or understanding. The exhibition of anything by clear evidence or display. Made clear, evident, obvious or apparent.
Moses saw God as a burning bush. The bush talked to him and declared itself to be God. This was God’s manifestation. A great honor. Moses was literally struck upside the head with this manifestation. The manifestation of God required that Moses had work to do.
Moses had long before desired, set intention, that his people be freed from slavery. Intention sets forth another whole cycle. A double manifestation. One manifestation by God, who told Moses he was going to get his manifestation of freedom for his people, but there was something Moses had to do. God then set forth for Moses WORK that needed to be done. With the work done, and several more manifestations to convince the Pharaoh to let the people go, Moses got what he wanted.
So. Moses did not just get what he wanted dropped in his lap. He had to take the steps and DO THE WORK. He did not know it was going to be as monumental as it turned out to be. He did not know it was going to be a lifetime of work to get his people to their Promised Land, which he himself would not step foot in. It was work, sweat and tears. It did not come easy. It was work. Something many modern people seem to be allergic to. Doing the work. Sometimes that work is in stages and develops into something more. It is not just a vision board. It is much more.
So what is it? I can give you a few guidelines. Your personal journey with manifesting may have more or maybe even less steps. Remember these are only guidelines.
1. Set the intention of bringing forth an idea or desire. Intention gets the ball rolling, but it does more than that.
2. Something Greater than you listens. Be it the Universe, God, Goddess, angels or others and there are a vast number of “others” in the spectrum. Have trust, faith and respect for that something Greater.
3. Be careful what you ask for. If you ask for a new car and not exactly how you will get it, remember, something Greater than you listens.
4. Be SPECIFIC. Put some boundaries on how and what you are wanting. If you are not specific there may be a price to pay you had not counted on.
5. The manner in which it happens may not be the way you would have had it happen…but it happens. I once had a friend who did this. She had no money to buy a new car. She was not specific as to how it would procured. She did not set boundaries. She ended up in a car accident and totaled her old car. Her insurance got her a new car. There was a price that had to be paid for that intention. She did not escape unscathed from the car accident and needed medical attention and therapy for some time afterwards. Re-read 3 & 4.
6. You have set the intention and now you have to take a step forward to achieve that intention. Sometimes it requires many steps. It’s called doing the work. WORK. If you think that is a dirty word, then know you will end up paying a price. It’s better to do the work. Just get off your fricken ass and do it.
7. When you do the work you need to stay on top of things. Respond to every action and reaction ASAP. Don’t procrastinate or dawdle. If you do then you will miss opportunities that are thrown your way. RESPOND.
8. What are you willing to do for this intention to manifest? Remember it’s called work for a reason. Somebody has to do it. Your intention. Your work. Plain and simple. It may mean you have to rearrange your life and make changes. So make them and don’t whine about it. How bad do you want it?
9. Are your ready for that manifestation of your intention to happen? Hang on cowboy/cowgal. It may happen smooth as a Tennessee Walker horse or as wild as a bucking bronco. It may take some time or it may happen very quickly.
10. Make sure you give your thanks and gratitude to that something Greater and to anyone on the physical plane who may have helped you on this project. You never know when you may need to set another intention for manifestation.